1.02.2011

Words


every year for the past
several years i have chosen a word or phrase to focus on, a bit like a mantra; a word that represents something i am
feeling needs nurturing within.
last year, 2010, i chose:


(courage comes from the Latin root "cor" which means heart)
it was perfect! so many moments i needed to remember that i am brave, that i have moved through fear before, that i could chose to keep going even when i felt tiny & terrified, even when
i had to face down BIG SCARY things, uncertain results
and nasty side effects. with hope (09's word) and courage
i got through all the things that tried my heart this year.
so i thank you courage!
and i thank you God for all the blessings of 2010.

Welcome 2011!

the words for this year found me
and were so so perfect that i got teary when i read them.
i will post about this soon but
am waiting for a beautiful handmade piece
containing them to arrive...yay!

are you choosing a word to focus on
and nurture in 2011?
please share.

peace and all good things to you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi g., Thanks so much for visiting my blog when my little bird was on the Daily Truth. I'll definitely let you know when I offer prints of this, when I finally open my ETSY shop...soon hopefully. You see, we have something in common, finishing things. Or not finishing I should say! I am really hoping to resolve this, even if I don't like how something is going. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot by not finishing. Well, before I use up too much space here, I'm off to check out your blog. Oh, and the word I'm using this year is. BRAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shari
    BRAVE is perfect! i know you will do well on Etsy and i can't wait to see you and soar with that whole-hearted "YES!" in 2011!

    ReplyDelete