8.02.2011

TIME

my sister's diagnosis has made me evermore aware of how precious TIME is. 
i just spoke with my new health "guru," same man helping my sister, and after telling him
i have MS
 his reply was, "ah, ok, so we're working to give you time too..."

i haven't thought of MS that way in quite some time but yes,
his words are true.
not just for me, or my sister,
but for all of us in this human condition.
yes the soul goes on, we go on beyond - or so i believe,
but the here and now...this experience...
it is measured in time.

i am not as fluent at writing as i once was
so i am using this as an art prompt.

join me if you like...i'd love it and i would love to see you post your interpretation of this prompt - be it words,
photos, mixed media art...

xo.

4 comments:

  1. I difinately look at it that way. Time as able bodied, for sure.

    I hope he can help. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks L! just knowing you *know* and being able to call you my friend is a gift! am painting and munching on dark choclate covered coffee beans while i wait for th pain to dry...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time does seem to stand still or march on...I think it depends on what we are going through...I believe everyone has 'something'-big or small. Time is precious and I have thanked the Lord many a time for getting me through stuff. I'm running out of organs to remove, you know? I think as long as I am needed and as long as I have a need to be here...time will be my friend. But we don't know. So I'm taking it one day at a time. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. so true Dianne - we all have our bundles to carry in this life. i do truly believe though that
    "...no word [no thing] shall be impossible with God." Lk 1:37

    ReplyDelete