9.27.2013

5 shot friday...

 
Well, it's been awhile.
Lots of life's bumps and unexpected difficult things coming into play here.
My computer went belly up, life got quite insane,
and me not feeling like posting because life just gets so hard sometimes
there don't seem to be words I want to share there aren't many,
PG rated words I can find to capture it.
 
Through it all ART, NATURE and FAITH keep me grounded.
Semi-sane.
Hopeful.
 
Anyway, been meaning to start blurbing again here --
a brief catch up that my sister is not fairing well with the MBC
*we still need a miracle!!!*
and my own health issues are flaring up aweful - MS and the tumor causing hell.
Partly stress to blame, partly just the damned nature of the diseases I must deal with.
Meanwhile,
I am beginning practicing  new rituals of self-kindness,
soul-kindness
creating new spaces within
around
and just for
me.
Quiet renewal.
Deep wells of calm and joy.
Refuges.
Coziness held.
Sometimes they look like this:
 

 
So how have you been?
Where are you in your corner of the world these days?
What do you feel like sharing?
 
I wish you peace and love and all good things
and hope that sunshine and joy are abundantly shining down on you
where ever you are. 
xo.
 

2 comments:

  1. What I want to share:

    -EVERYONE with MS or NMO should see When I Walk, a documentary by Jason DaSilva that spans 7 years of his life from his PPMS diagnosis 2005 to 2012. It is in turns sad, funny & hopeful. It's gritty and honest and if you are battling either of these diseases, gives you a HUGE dose of perspective. It's easily relateable and a courageous piece of work. It will be aired on PBS in the next year and will be on the internet likely after November. I saw it last night and am still digesting it.

    -I made HUGE progress on issue 4 of my zine which I've been chipping away at for most of this year. Hoping to get it completed before surgery!

    -I love my gelli plate-one of the best art tool invention ever. I LOVE being able to create my own journal papers. Wirth every penny to buy one!

    -It is storming here. I love a good storm. I am baking this morning and making some butternut squash soup. Husband can no longer eat canned soup (Sodium & a single kidney do not mix) so I am making him homemade soups for his lunches in the cooler weather.

    -I love you and I am thinking of you constantly as you do battle with your body's pain. I wish we lived closer. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Thanks for the recommendation L. I need all the inspiration I can get right now! BT is angry making the Trigeminal Neuralgia FIERCE and unrelenting. Walking into walls due to pain-med side-effects that are making life bearable. Shoot the tube on Thursday and hopefully the doctors will have some answers and solutions. Small chance it's the MS causing this... I rather hope it is vs surgery.
    - Can't wait to see the zine. Another awesome publication by a gifted artsoul and amazing person (who I love!!!)!
    -Agree that the Gelli is a MUST HAVE!!! Let's swap some journal pages soon.
    -A little jealous of the rainy weather and soup! Pete is blessed!
    -Sending hugs and all good things!

    ReplyDelete